Sunday 26 June 2011

Most men would by me dinner first……

So I have not blogged in a few days, only because this weekend was crazy busy.  It is birthday season in my family and the Month of June alone has 6 birthdays including my own.  It was a rather busy weekend because three of the birthdays fell on Saturday.  My brother’s, he lives in Alberta so I sent him a BBM (Blackberry message) Yesterday wishing him a very happy birthday, I wish I could have been there to celebrate with him :(  My Mother in-law, We had a nice party for her and we play 31 as well, (I lost :-( ) It should be a crime to be able to take money from your children ;-) and My good Friend, I was unable to make it to her birthday party so I took her for breakfast at her favorite place….IHOP!!

So when I go to IHOP (which is once a year) I always get the stuffed French toast, OMG it is so good.  The gooeyness of it and the apple topping…with whip cream, you don’t even need syrup,  It comes with eggs, bacon, and hash browns, all of which were ok…The hash browns were a little on the crunchy side, and the eggs were very yellow, like they use the liquid egg substitute.    They didn’t taste bad they were just really yellow.   The bacon was good, but I love bacon so most bacon is good, but that French toast was the main reason I was there.   My son had regular French toast with bacon, He is just like his mama J and Mandy had the stuffed French toast too.  Breakfast went really well, we ate and then left to carry on with the day.  On our way back we were on the high way. Now I am not an aggressive driver, when I drive and make sure that It is safe for both me and who every I have in the car with me.  So I am driving down  the high way in the fast lane, doing about 110km-115km, I am in the process of passing so I can get back into the slow lane. All of sudden there is this big blue pickup truck behind us; he is about a foot and a half away from my bumper.   I keep my speed the same and he then pulls back and then speeds right up behind me again, and again he was about a foot and a half away, By this time I am thinking to myself "Most men would by me dinner first", of course I kept this to myself, that is the last thing I need is Oliver running around saying that… NOT good. I am sure most of you are thinking why did you not just move over to the slow lane….Good question, there never really was a good time to.  At one point I did think HOLY CRAP this Dick is going to hit us, I had to break because the cars in front of us were slowing and he was right on my bumper.   Thankfully he didn’t and finally he moved to the slow lane, almost hitting the car in that lane, he flew by us and then back in to the fast lane, at this point it was safe for me to over to the slow lane so I did.  I then watched this same guy in the blue pickup truck drive right up behind another truck, the person in that truck moved out of the way and he was off again.  It is people like that you wish would get pulled over or end up in a ditch (even if that is not a nice thing to say)

That was my excitement for the day; mind you it was enough for me for a while.  I think what people forget is that when you are behind the wheel of any kind of vehicle, anyone outside or inside of that vehicle are at our mercy. 

Life is too short, take the long way and enjoy the ride.

Just saying  :-)
-Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment